General Duty Safety Switches
Designed for residential and commercial applications where economy is a prime consideration. Typical loads are lighting, air conditioning and appliances.
FeaturesGeneral duty safety switches are designed for residential and commercial applications where durability and economy are prime considerations. Typical loads are lighting, air conditioning and appliances. When equipped with fuses, over-current and short circuit protection is also available. The switches are also suitable as service equipment when equipped with a factory-installed neutral assembly or a field-installed equipment grounding kit.
General duty switches feature:
- Fusible and Non-Fusible
- 30–800 A rated for application loads upto 240 V
- Up to 100 kA SCCR, utilizing appropriately rated Class R Class J or Class T fuses or fuse kits
- Horsepower rated for motor applications
- NEMA Type 1 and 3R enclosures
- UL Listed, File E2875
- Meets or exceeds NEMA KS1-1990
- Tangential combination knockouts 30–200 A
- Spring reinforced plated copper fuse clips
- Insulated, bonded solid neutral assemblies (standard in fusible switches)
- Visible blades
- Quick-make, quick-break operating mechanism
- Cover padlock hasp and handle lock "OFF"
EcoStruxure™ for Your BusinessEcoStruxure lets you thrive in today's digital world. Make better business decisions with scalable and converged IT/OT solutions. Learn more
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an Expert
FAQEasily find and share the answer you are looking for from our online FAQ service. Browse FAQ